Adventures In Making Jam
So I got this bright idea last night. 8:45 pm was a perfect time to make my blueberry jam! Yea, I am weird like that.
First I crushed up the blueberries because my containers went by ounces and the recipe calls for 1-1 1/2 qrts and I don’t know how to convert that. In parenthesis it said 4 cups and that I could figure out. When I went to crush my blueberries I couldn’t find my potato masher (still MIA). This happens to me alot. Sometimes these things re-appear but it’s like 6 months later. So I did it with one of my big serving forks. Yea, that made my hand hurt about halfway through the first container.
I moved on to prepping the jar lids and then cooked the blueberries. Then I ladled the mixture into the jars and put them into hot water to boil. This I must have made a mistake. I don’t think I had enough water as only one of the 6 jars actually had the vaccuum action going on and sealed properly. When I pushed on the lids, 5 of them popped back up…..this was after they fully cooled. Anyway I just did a taste test a bit ago and regardless if they sealed right or not…the jam tastes dam good. It set perfect, tastes wonderful…I look forward to some toast in the morning. We are going to be giving some of these away. The one that did get sealed properly is going in our pantry. Then one for our fridge and I am taking the other 4 to some friends. Hubby is interested in me making strawberry or raspberry. I can see I might be doing this alot LOL.