Last night I informed the girls that by golly they will start waking up around 6:30 am. They have an alarm clock, I just need them to get used to hearing it and getting their butts up. I also informed them that if they did not get up, I would douse them with water.

Then the boy had an accident.

We had company over and my friend Mike was wrestling around with Alex. Alex really took a liking to this guy. Well all of a sudden Alex went over the couch and hit the floor. He got up, was crying naturally. I held him, telling him he would be ok. He grabbed his head and I went to touch the same place. He had the BIGGEST freaking knot! So I took him into the kitchen to get ice. Wrapped it up in a towel and placed it on his head. He got mad cause he wanted to do it. Fine, not a problem by me…I can’t tell if I am hurting him or not. So I bring it around to his hands so he can get a good grip. I see blood. Ok PANIC TIME! Kyle isn’t home and I have 3 guests over and I am like SHIT what do I do? My girls used to wrestle all the time, the most they got were bruises. I call my mother in law. She had two boys, both are still alive, surely she has been through this right? So she starts telling me to check the site and see how much blood is coming out. Not much, enough to turn his hair pink but it wasn’t gushing like a geyser (thank the goddess!). Then she asks about his pupils. He decides not to cooperate so he shuts his eyes so I can’t see. Little shit. Finally I bribe him with animal crackers and he is so happy he opens his eyes. And they are fine. Whew!

After that he played like nothing was wrong, well unless you touched his bump then he screamed. The bleeding stopped as quickly as it started. But me….I was a nervous wreck. I kept thinking about when my sis busted her forehead wide open and all that blood and she had a concussion. I was really afraid to let him sleep. The girls hit the sack, the guests left and Alex was really tired. So I said, baby lets lay down. He went to lay back and screamed. I didn’t have the chance to say “No Baby, on your belly”. But we flipped him over. The way the bump was positioned he could only lay on his right ear. If he laid on the left one he put pressure on the bump and cried. And he is a fidgety sleeper (like his momma) so it seemed like every hour or so he started crying.

Since I had told the girls they were going to have to get up at 6:30 am, I had to get up and make sure they actually followed through. Plus since my classes start Monday I need to get into the habit. Needless to say, I am very tired right now. They didn’t get up so I took in the water bottle that had ice floating in it. Yea, I am evil….sue me. They got up and we watched some Tom & Jerry. Alex got up and I couldn’t find a bump. His eyes seem fine also. Kyle is going to really watch him today to make sure everything is good.

Blah! I hope there isn’t another accident for awhile. I was really stressed out.


~ by alegna75 on August 17, 2008.

2 Responses to “Exhausted”

  1. Ugh, there is nothing worse than when something happens to your kid. When my daughter was in preschool, she busted open her forehead and needed stitches. I was a freaking mess. She didn’t even cry when they sewed her up! I wanted to vomit.

    Hope the little guy’s feeling better and everything is well.

  2. Whoosh, that had me worried! I’m not a parent, but I remember some of my own injuries back in the day. Once at recess another boy came full speed around and gave me such a bumb immediately above my eye! It hurts to remember it, though I was not seriously hurt!

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: